Held at Carterton’s Wizardly Emporium on Stoneday 8th of Inster
Present: J Carterton, (Chairman), Enic the Puce, Larsh Devidian, Marvo the Marvellous, H’Athak d’tren Lishi, Miss S Praither, and N Drayak.
Apologies: Dorgo the Recently Deceased.
MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING Minutes of the Meeting held on 7th Menthin were proposed for acceptance by Larsh Devidian, seconded by Miss S Praither, and approved unanimously.
Matters arising from the Minutes. 4) A letter acknowledging payment of 83 silver has been received from Grillishen’s Exotic Revue Bar following this year’s Twomoon party. However they have suggested we find another venue for next year, or, to quote, “It won’t just be wands that get broken.”
8) Our recent recruitment drive is already bearing fruit as we welcome N Drayak to his first meeting of the Society.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST Larsh Devidian declared an interest in agenda item (5), Date of the Next Meeting. N Drayak declared an interest in agenda item (3), Outreach and Recruitment.
1. Secretary’s Report. Enic the Puce told us that our last group outing to the Convocation of Greater Wizardry on 28th Inster, while considered by some, naming no names, to be a bit of a disappointment, was an essential part of our outreach programme and will enhance the Society’s reputation. The fact that the Society’s name did not appear on any of the Convocation’s publicity material was certainly due to an administrative oversight which Enic the Puce is already pursuing. And he was not at any point patted on the head and told to ‘go home little wizard and learn some proper magic,’ thank you, in fact he had a most interesting conversation with a third level Adept and that trembling lip some people were unkind enough to remark upon is a personal tic. Which is often seen in particularly powerful magical practitioners due to the stress of controlling so much magic.
The Society’s next outing will be the Scalentine General Practitioners exeat to the Flame Republic, to join in the Interplanar Tournament. In a plane without the restrictions on magical usage imposed by living in Scalentine, the Society is expected to give a good account of itself. All members are encouraged to enter for at least one class. Anyone who doesn’t have an entry form can get one from the Secretary.
Miss S Praither suggested that the Society didn’t have a hope in the seventh hell in even the lowest classes, and that members would be lucky to return from the Tournament in a series of small, scorched jars. Enic the Puce objected and suggested that Miss Praither’s lack of confidence was pulling the whole group down. J Carterton called the meeting to order. Several times.
2. Treasurer’s Report. Our balance as of the end of Menthin was 42 silver. We will shortly be making payments to the Diplomatic Section for our Magic Practitioners’ Group Registration – please get your individual payments to the Secretary by the end of the meeting, those of you who haven’t yet paid, Larsh. We are also coming up for our annual charity donation to the Magical Practitioners Relicts and Orphans fund.
Marvo the Marvellous interjected at this point that the Fund now also includes care and feeding of the familiars of deceased/disappeared/otherwise unavailable magical practitioners, and he considered this a right waste of money, everyone knew it just meant an excuse for a lot of softies to buy catfood for perfectly useless animals and our money should go elsewhere.
H’Athak d’tren Lishi called him a heartless brute. N Drayak suggested that we ask Wizard Mokraine’s opinion on what he’d like done with his familiar, in the event of his unfortunate departure, at which point the meeting came rapidly to order.
3. Outreach and recruitment. H’Athak d’tren Lishi suggested that we put another advert in the Scalentine Chronicle and that zhe would like to design it this time, as the last one looked as though it had been thrown up by a sick vickra, no offense meant.
Marvo said none taken, he had better things to do with his time than faff around with getting every tiny detail exactly right, he’d only done it because no-one else volunteered. H’Athak d’tren Lishi pointed out that every tiny detail usually included not only using colours people could look at without their eyes retreating into their heads from the pain, but getting the address of the Society right, and it was a miracle our new member N Drayak had found us at all.
At this point it was remembered that N Drayak had declared an interest in this agenda item, and zhe was given the floor. N Drayak then pointed out that zhe had found us by asking where the WIMPS hung out, and perhaps the Society might consider the impression given by this acronym.
Miss S Praither suggested that given the content of this meeting she was sure N Drayak would agree that it was in fact an extremely accurate description, at which N Drayak was overcome with a coughing fit and sat down.
4. Any Other Business. The Chairman would like to point out that no-one has contributed to the Biscuit Fund for several meetings and the honesty box is just sitting there, no pressure but crunchy comestibles don’t buy themselves.
5. Date and Time of Next Meeting. This will be on Rivday, 10th of Glazin. Larsh Devidian pointed out that the date for the next meeting, like three of the last four, was set during a full moon, during which time he was unable to attend due to being in his other form, and that he had pointed this out to the committee several times, and if they were trying to tell him something, fine, he’d leave the Society, he just wished people would be honest.
At some point it was realised that our new member, N Drayak, had left. He did not appear to have used the door. However his attendance undoubtedly marks a new and exciting move forward in the life of the Society.